Why should people use boxing for their health and fitness as they age?
- Remaining injury free while improving total body fitness is one of the major benefits of a fitness boxing program.
- As a cross training alternative, it provides a break in routine and adds variety to your overall training program because it distributes the load of training across various body parts.
- It allows us to train at a high intensity with relatively low impact on joints. For older members, this means a break from pounding knee and ankle joints, while still getting an intense training session.
- For those who are suffering lower limb injuries, boxing allows us to maintain and even improve on fitness levels during rehabilitation.
- Boxing for fitness is based on functional body movements that engage and activate the core and joint stabalising muscles.
- Fitness boxing makes it possible to train both endurance and power in the same workout. All things that diminish as we age.
- Punching and hitting things is fun and relieves stress!
Check out the video for all the reasons!